Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great companys success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential to continue innovating and developing our global, in-house developed product. As a Senior Java Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of complex architecture (scalability, high throughput, balancing...) of a four-nines uptime system that drives huge traffic.
More about your job and influence:
We encourage our agile development teams to take ownership over their products. When working with us, you will have a chance to impact your teams solution, by introducing and using the latest technology, modern architecture, and development workflow. You will be releasing your changes into production on a daily basis, so our Customers can use them instantly.
- Youll be using cutting edge solutions (Java 13/14, Spring Boot, React, Kafka...) for creating, maintaining and optimising high load distributed services that are a part of our messaging platform.
- You will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of large architecture (scalability, fail over, balancing...) that sends over 400 mil messages daily.
- We expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Responsibility for coding, bug testing, software deployment, tracking the product through its lifecycle and communication with the internal teams are also included
- You will be a good buddy and a mentor for you less experienced colleagues to help them grow.
- You will work on demanding tasks which require responsibility and freedom to choose the best technologies for that challenge.
- You will work on an in-house developed products.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration arent just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we work together with you on your personal growth! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want tosupport the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Weeks as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Flexibility –Work from home allowance and flexible office hours.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards system, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, company library, organised sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!